Throughout the years we’ve picked up on a few tricks of the trade. With our cache of moving tips, you’ll find that your next move is much easier. These include:
- Sort through all of your belongings and decide which you want to donate or discard before you even begin packing.
- Make sure that your boxes are taped on both the top and the bottom.
- Use your towels and linens as packing materials for your fragile items. Otherwise, you’ll need a lot of packing materials (e.g. bubble wrap, old newspaper). Remember, you can never be too cautious when you’re packing these items.
- Use linens or blankets to wrap your mirrors.
- Figure out how you can clearly mark and categorize boxes according to their content. Make sure you also mark any handling instructions on them (e.g. “Fragile).
- Store the boxes you’ve already packed in your closets.
- Move valuable items (e.g. cash, jewelry) yourself.
- When moving your household into a storage unit make sure that you’ve made all the arrangements ahead of time.
- Make sure that everything is packed and that you’re organized and ready to go when the movers from Quality Moving of Colorado in Denver, CO arrive.
- Don’t schedule any other important engagements on the day you plan on moving.
- If you’re moving into an area that only has on-street parking you may want to secure a space for the moving truck by parking your car there overnight.
- Stick to your budget by disassembling your own furniture, bagging up any loose items, and making sure that everything is packed and ready to go beforehand.
Image credit: freepik.com